- Phillips/Cross-head screwdriver
This article walks through the quick process of swapping out your Wire Harness and Swtich.
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work.
2. Unplug your softener from the power outlet.
3. Remove the top cover of your softener by unhooking the 2 clips that hold it onto the tank. By pulling the back of the cover out and away from your unit, the clips will release.
Disconnect Existing Parts
1. Looking that the top of the softener, locate the green and orange wires that feed into a white plastic connector. Remove that white connector from the Switch (pictured below).
2. On the back left-hand side of the softener, locate the red, white, and black wires that feed into a clip. Remove the Wire Harness clip from the outlet port by unclipping both sides.
3. On the underside of the lid, remove the red plastic connector from the control board. This red connector has red, white, green, orange, and black wires coming from it.
4. Remove the two screws holding the motor on. Then, remove the three screws holding the motor plate, so you have access to the black switch (screw locations are in yellow below).
5. Remove the two screws holding the Switch in place.
Reconnecting New Parts
1. Place the new Switch on the valve head and secure with the two screws.
2. Attach the motor plate and secure with three screws. Attach the Motor on top with the two motor screws (pictured above).
3. Attach the new green and orange wires to the switch. The orange wire should be on the outside left side of the black switch box. The front-right metal prong on the switch will stay exposed.
4. Clip the Wire Harness onto the outlet pipe. The clip will only snap on in one direction – if you are having trouble, try to turn the clip around.
5. Attach the new red connector to the control board. Make sure the wires are running away from the control board. The red connector should sit flush with the white plastic piece on the board.
6. Replace the top cover on your unit and reconnect the power cord to the outlet.