The Fill cycle of a recharge allows water to enter the tank and dissolve the salt. The water will come into the softener, through the brine hose and exit into the tank at the bottom of the float assembly. The insturctions below will walk you through checking that route.
1. Remove the top cover by unhooking the two clips in the back, the hold the cover onto the tank below. Move the cover to the back or side of the unit, making sure you can still see the display.
2. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to turn, then let go. Normally, the tank will start filling here.
*NOTE: If you hear water exiting the drain hose, or the word ‘Clean’ on the screen, your unit has an additional backwash before the Fill. We need to skip that. Press the Recharge button once, to move into the Rinse. Press the Recharge button once more to move into the Fill.
3. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
NOTE: If you have a 3-Valve Bypass, make sure the inlet/outlet valves are open, and the bypass is closed.
4. Unscrew the black brine hose from the left side of the Venturi assembly. Place a bowl or towel under the Venturi Port to catch water:
5. Slowly take the unit out of bypass and watch for water flow from the Venturi port.
a. If there is water flow, bypass the unit again and continue to step 6.
b. If there is no water flow, check that the system is not bypassed further up in the plumbing. If you still have no flow, Contact Us for assistance.
6. Hold the brine hose to your mouth and blow through the hose like a straw. Is it easy to get air through?
a. NO; If it is difficult to get the water through the brine hose, we recommend Cleaning your Brine Valve Assembly.
a. YES; reattach the hose to the Venturi and take the unit off bypass. Tap the Recharge button once to move into the Brine cycle. When the motor stops, tap the Recharge button again to move into the Backwash. Tap the Recharge again to move to Rinse. Tap on last time, and the flashing 'Recharge' indicator on the screen should disappear. Press and hold the Recharge button to start a new cycle and let the system run.