The Stages of a Recharge
Average total duration: 2 - 2 1/2 hours. The display panel will flash 'Recharging' or Recharge Now' while the cycle is in progress.
*Optional Clean Cycle* - some units have an additional clean cycle consisting of a Backwash and Rinse scheduled before the start of the recharge.
- Fill – The unit will fill the brine tank with water for around 5-15 minutes. The water level can fill the salt tank anywhere between a few inches to a few feet.
- Brine Draw & Brine Rinse – The unit will take the salty brine water in the tank and run it through the resin beads inside the fiberglass tank. This slow and methodical process will clean the beads of any iron or hardness mineral buildup. Brining takes around two (2) hours and produces a slow flow to the drain.
- Backwash – Fresh water flows upwards through the resin beads to rinse the residual salty brine water and remaining mineral deposits down the drain. This lasts around 6-12 minutes.
- Rinse – Fresh water flows downward through the resin beads to recompact and organize them for normal service flow. This cycle lasts around 2-3 minutes.
- Service – The unit will end the recharge cycle and is now ready to soften any water that passes through.