The Brine cycle is when your softener pulls water from the salt tank, through the resin tank, and out the drain. Running an extended brine allows you to add time onto this draining cycle.
1. Hold the Recharge button until the motor kicks on, then let go. You should see 'Recharging' or 'Recharge Now' on the display.
2. To skip to the Brine cycle, push the Recharge button once quickly. You should see a small stream of water exiting the main valve drain hose.
*NOTE: If there is a loud rush of water through the hose, you may have a extra rinse set up. Tap the Recharge button once quickly. Wait for the motor to stop, then tap the Recharge button once more.
3. Unplug the softener from the power outlet. The system will stay in this Brine (draining) position as long as you leave it unplugged. We recommend 45-60 minutes.
4. After the 45-60 minutes has passed, plug your softener back into the outlet. It will resume back in that Brine cycle, and run for another 1 1/2 to 2 hours. There is no need to push any buttons.
5. If you do not see the water level in the tank decreasing, please visit our Excess Water in Tank article.