If you are unsure how old your water softener is, there are some physical and functional indicators to let you know when it’s time for an upgrade:
- Check the Serial Number - our systems have an average lifespan of 8-10 years. You can find and read your Serial Number on the underside of the salt lid.
- If your water softener regenerates on a timer system - This is an inefficient regeneration method. All of our new water softeners use demand initiated regeneration technology which conserves water and salt.
- If your water softener has two tanks or is bulky - Modern water softeners only require one tank and are built in a compact, space-saving design which clears out more room in your basement or garage.
- If your water softening capacity is no longer adequate - If your household is larger than when you first started using your water softener, or water usage patterns have increased, your current system’s softening grain capacity may no longer meet your household demands. A larger capacity system may be in order.
- If your water softener uses outdated technology - Newer systems also include programmable interfaces, low salt indicators, and enhanced iron removal to make maintenance and management a breeze.