A dry recharge recalibrates the control board with the rotating cam and gear. This process involves stepping through the recharge stages manually, without water running through the system.
1. Bypass your water softener by pushing the handle IN on the back. If you do not have the single-bypass that came with the unit, use the valves on the plumbing above your softener to reroute the incoming water to bypass the system.
2. Start a recharge cycle by holding the Recharge button until the motor kicks on. You will see 'recharging' or 'recharge now' flashing on the display.
3. Tap the Recharge button once quickly. This will start the motor, and turn the valve into the next position.
4. Each time the motor stops, repeat step 3. Do this until the 'recharging' or ' recharge now' disappears from your display. Depending on how your unit is programmed, you'll have to do this 4-6 times.
5. When the flashing recharge indicator disappears and you are back on the home screen, take the unit back OUT of bypass.