The overflow hose is a gravity drain hose located on the backside of the water softener tank. It's purpose is a safety backup in the case of excess water in the tank.
1. Locate the overflow port on the backside of the your salt tank. This hole sits about 3/4 of the way up back of the tank.
2. You should also be able to see the overflow port from inside the salt tank. Confirm there is no salt or water covering it.
3. Insert the black grommet into the overflow port on the salt tank.
4. Push the gray plastic adaptor into the grommet.
5. Push your drain hose onto the overflow adaptor and secure with the hose clamp. If you need additional hose for this installation, please visit your local hardware store for 3/8" diameter tubing.
6. This is a gravity hose. Confirm that your hose is routed down from the overflow port with no loops or bends. The hose should run into a drain with an air gap. See the photo below for air gap examples.