The motorized shutoff is an optional addition to our WiFi capable softeners. Below is a quick guide to installing the shutoff onto your home plumbing. Refer to your Shutoff Manual (linked below) for complete instructions.
Find the Motorized Shutoff Valve for your system at Menards.com.
1. Install your Motorized Shutoff upstream of the softener inlet (pictured). The shutoff can be installed further upstream than what is displayed, but keep in mind the 10 foot cord that you will later have to connect to the softener’s control board.
2. Support the weight of your shutoff while installing the 1” female threads to your desired plumbing location.
3. After installing, confirm your softener is not plugged into the power outlet.
4. Plug the cable from the shutoff valve into the back of your softener’s control board. It will connect into the white plastic terminal on the bottom right-hand side.
CAUTION: Do not place fingers inside the shutoff when it is plugged into the control board.
You will have to complete all connection and registration through the iQua™ app before connecting to the shutoff valve.
1. Open your iQua app and navigate to the bottom of the main dashboard (pictured below).
2. The Water Control toggle button allows you to open and close the motorized valve.
Note: If the button Water Control button is faded or does not seem to be connected, go ahead and unplug your softener and plug back in to reset the connection. Then exit the app and reopen.
3. If you receive an alert for continuous water flow, this is where you can come to shut the valve. The default ‘continuous water flow’ is set to 20 minutes of 0.4 gallons per minute or higher. This can be changed in the Alerts tab.
1. You can manually operate the shutoff valve by pulling out on the knob (pictured) and turning until the valve indicator is either open or closed.
2. Note that if you manually operate the valve, the app’s Water Control feature will be disabled until you resert it by tapping ‘Yes’ when prompted to ‘Regain Control?’.