- Silicone-base lubricant
The Distributor O-ring Kit is found at the neck of your system, sealing the area between the Valve Head and Resin Tank.
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
2. Depressurize the unit by running a Recharge cycle. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to spin, and then release. You will see ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ flashing on the screen.
3. Tap the recharge buton once. This will advance the motor and move the valve to the next position.
4. Repeat Step 3 until the ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ disappears from the screen.
5. You can now gently pull one side of the black plastic c-clip away from the softener, and slowly roll it towards the other side of the c-clip to remove (pictured below).
***If the clips are still not easy to remove, they may be bound because the system is not completely level. Slowly and gently rock the softener back and forth slightly while applying pressure to the c-clip as described above to free them.
6. Gently pull the softener away from the bypass assembly and unplug the power cord.
7. Remove the top cover by unhooking the two clips in the back that hold the cover onto the tank below. Place the cover to the back or side of the unit, being careful not to disconnect any wires.
8. On the underside of the cover, remove the red plastic connector with 5 wires.
9. Locate the black rectangular motor on the softener. There are thick black and red wires attached to the right side of the motor. Follow these wires and disconnect them at the white/clear plastic connector.
10. Remove the two large white Clamps from the neck of the valve body, by releasing the clips that hold them together (pictured below).
11. Place a hand on each side of the main valve head and wiggle it loose, pulling straight up and off. The wiggle motion will loosen the valve head from the tube beneath it, so you will not accidentally pull the riser tube out of the resin. Set the Valve Head aside.
12. Remove the three distributor O-rings:
a. O-ring #1 – found on the riser tube
b. O-ring #2 – found around the neck of the tank, or underside of valve head.
c. O-ring #3 – Pull up on the distributor basket to remove this O-ring from the underside.
12. Lubricate the new O-rings with a small amount of silicone grease.
13. Start by replacing O-ring #3 on the underside of the distributor basket. Then place the basket back over the riser tube and secure it to the top of the tank.
14. Place O-ring #2 around the tank neck.
15. Slide O-ring #1 just over the top of the riser tube. It should only sit about a quarter inch down from the top of the tube.
16. With all new O-rings in place, reattach the main valve head by pushing it down onto the riser tube until you feel it connect with the resin tank.
17. Reconnect the large white clamps and clip them into place.
18. Reconnect the softener to the bypass assembly with the two (2) black C-clips..
19. Plug in the red plastic connector to the control board – make sure the wires are running away from the board. Reconnect the motor with the thicker black and red wires.
20. Plug the softener back in and slowly take the bypass off and watch for any leaks around the valve head and bypass assembly over the next several hours.