This article is a step-by-step guide for replacing your Brine Valve Assembly. When replacing this assembly, keep in mind you will also need to replace the Ferrule Nut.
Scissors or sharp tool
1. Bypass your water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work.
2. Remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (see photo). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
3. Remove the brine hose from the left side of the venturi system by unscrewing the white ferrule nut:
4. Cut the brine hose with a scissors or blade on the left side of the nut. This allows you to pull the hose down and through the hole on the tray.
***Take note of where the black hose disappears into the tank below, as we will have to run the new hose up through that same port.
5. In the salt tank, locate the Brinewell (black 4” diameter tube). Take the cap off the brinewell. You will see the black brine hose from above traveling down into the float assembly.
6. Grab onto the brine hose and pull up to remove the entire float assembly from inside the brinewell. The black hose should travel easily out with you. You should end up holding the entire float assembly and black hose outside the softener.
7. Put this assembly to the side. Grab your new assembly and place it into the brinewell.
8. Your new assembly should rest on the bottom of the tank, inside the well.
9. Place the black brine hose in the notch on the top of the brinewell and reattach the cap to the well.
10. Feed that black hose behind the fiberglass resin tank and up to the left, through the port in the tray next of the venturi.
11. Slide the new white ferrule nut on the end of the brine hose. Feel free to visit out Replacing the Ferrule Nut if you need assistance here.
12. Push the brine hose onto the gray port of the venturi and tighten the ferrule nut onto the threads. Use a pliers or wrench to carefully tighten the nut down enough to crimp onto the brine hose.
13. Take the system out of bypass and run a recharge cycle (hold the Recharge button down until the motor starts). Periodically check for leaks throughout this 2 hour cycle.