- Pliers (optional)
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work.
2. Take the top cover off your unit by unhooking the two tabs in the back, near the inlet and outlet ports. Place the cover to the back or the side of the unit, being careful not to disconnect any wires.
3. Disconnect the brine hose from the venturi and remove the gray clip that holds the venturi into place on the side of the valve:
4. Pull the venturi assembly straight out to the left to remove it from the valve head.
5. Locate your new venturi assembly and O-rings. Place one O-ring on each of the gray ports on the venturi body (see photo above).
6. Push the new venturi into the valve head and secure with the new gray triangular clip.
7. Screw the brine hose onto the left side of the new venturi.
8. Open the bypass on your softener and reattach the top cover.