Disconnect Wire Harness
1. Remove the top cover of your softener by unhooking the clips on the back of the unit, releasing the cover from the tank below. Unplug the power supply.
2. Looking that the top of the softener, locate the green and orange wires that feed into a white plastic connector. Remove that white connector from the Switch (pictured below).
3. On the back left-hand side of the softener, locate the red, white, and black wires that feed into a saddle clip. Remove the Wire Harness clip from the outlet port by unclipping both sides.
4. On the underside of the lid, remove the red plastic connector from the control board. This red connector has red, white, green, orange, and black wires coming from it.
Install New Wire Harness
1. Attach the new green and orange wires to the switch. The orange wire should be on the outside left side of the black switch box. The front-right metal prong on the switch will stay exposed.
2. Clip the Wire Harness onto the outlet pipe. The clip will only snap on in one direction – if you are having trouble, try to turn the clip around.
3. Attach the new red connector to the control board. Make sure the wires are running away from the control board. The red connector should sit flush with the white plastic piece on the board.
4. Replace the top cover on your unit and reconnect the power cord to the outlet.