If your softener has a potential leak on the inside of the system - the tank is filling with water, or not draining properly - this article will guide you through a few checks:
1. Confirm your unit is not in a recharge cycle. If it is, wait to perform the following steps when the unit is done recharging.
2. Remove the top cover by unhooking the two clips in the back, holding the cover onto the tank below. Place the cover to the back or side of the unit, being careful not to disconnect any wires.
3. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
4. Unscrew the black brine hose from the left side of the Venturi assembly. Place a bowl or towel under the Venturi Port to catch water:
5. Take your unit out of bypass by pulling the white handle OUT.
6. Turn on a softened water faucet in your home, and leave it running for 5-10 minutes. Then, reutrn to the unit - did water leak out of the venturi port into your bowl/towel?
a. YES; bypass the unit again. There is most likely a broken seal inside your valve head. We recommend replacing the Rotor/Seal Kit. Please Contact Us for replacement information.
b. NO; you may have an internal leak somehwere else on your system. Please Contact Us for further troubleshooting assistance.