Depending on the incoming quality of your feed water, the sediment screen on your unit may need to be cleaned periodically (select models).
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in in the back of your unit.
2. Hold the Recharge button for about 3 seconds, or until the motor starts to turn. You will see ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ flashing on the screen.
3. Press the Recharge button one time quickly.
4. The motor will turn on, moving to the next cycle. Continue to press the Recharge button quickly each time you hear the motor stop. Do this until the flashing ‘recharge’ indicator disappears from your screen.
Locate the Filter Screen
1. Remove the top cover of your unit by unhooking the 2 clips that hold it onto the salt tank. These clips are located on the top of the back cover, near the inlet/outlet pipes.
2. Unplug the power supply, and disconnect the electronic connections from the top of the softener:
- Motor – unplug thick black and red wires at clear plastic connection piece.
- Switch – unplug the white plastic connector at end of orange and green wires.
- Wire Harness – unclip harness from around the outlet port.
3. Remove the black C-clips from the softener/bypass connection. Pull one side of the black plastic C-clip away from the softener, and slowly roll it towards the other side to remove.
**If the clips seem stuck, slowly and gently rock the softener back and forth slightly while applying pressure to the clip as described above to free them.
4. Pull the softener away from the bypass assembly.
5. Refer to the figure below, and remove the large white clamps from the tank neck by unhooking the retainer clips that hold them together.
6. With both hands on the valve head, wiggle it side to side as you pull it up and off.
7. Locate the filter screen. Remove the screen and rinse with warm, soapy water.
8. Reinstall the filter screen.
9. Check the position of the small o-ring on the riser tube. It should sit about ¼ inch down from the top of that white tube.
10. Carefully place the valve head back onto the riser tube and push down until it rests on the tank below.
11. Reassemble the large white tank clamps and secure with clips around the neck.
12. Reconnect the softener to the bypass assembly and attach the black C-clips.
13. Reconnect the wires to the Motor and Switch. The switch connection should have one exposed terminal/prong.
14. Reconnect the Wire Harness onto the Outlet port.
15. Plug the unit back into the power supply.
16. Take the system off bypass and watch for leaks.
17. Check multiple softened faucets for restored pressure.