The water in your tank fills and empties through the bottom of the brine valve assembly, so its essential that this route is clear. The article below will walk through the proper cleaning steps:
1. Bypass your softener by pushing the white bypass handle in.
2. Open the salt lid and remove the lid off the brinewell tube (pictured below).
3. Pull up on the black hose and remove the entire float assembly from the brinewell. If you find the black hose is not long enough to allow the float assembly out, pull the extra hose slack out from behind the resin tank.
4. Disassemble the bottom V-shaped white plastic piece by disconnecting the two black clips that hold it together. Clean the internal parts with warm, soapy water and reassemble.
5. Reinsert the assembly into the brinewell. It should rest on the bottom of the well. Secure the hose in the notch on the neck of the well, and place the lid back on.
6. Remove the top cover of your unit by unhooking the 2 clips that hold it onto the tank. By pulling the back of the cover out and away from your unit, the clips will release.
7. On the left-hand side, you will see where the black hose attaches to your Venturi system:
8. Unscrew the black hose from the Venturi port and blow air through it, confirming the hose is free of obstructions.
a. If you have trouble getting air/water through the hose, you may need to replace the Brine Valve Assembly. If you are still under warranty, have your serial/model number handy and Contact Us. Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here.
9. Reattach the hose to the venturi and replace the top cover.
10. Pull the system out of bypass.