Depressurize & Disconnect
1. Bypass your softener by pushing IN on the handle in the back:
2. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to turn, then let go. The motor will stop after a few seconds. You will see ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ flashing on the screen.
3. Press the ‘Recharge’ button one time quickly. The motor will turn on, moving to the next cycle.
4. Repeat Step 3 until the flashing 'recharge' indicator disappears from your screen.
5. Remove the black C-clips from the softener/bypass connection. Pull one side of the black plastic C-clip away from the softener, and slowly roll it towards the other side to remove.
***If the clips seem stuck, slowly and gently rock the softener back and forth slightly while applying pressure to the clip as described above to free them.
6. Pull the softener away from the bypass assembly.
7. Turn off the main water supply to the home. Depressurize your plumbing by opening a few cold and hot water faucets downstream of the softener, allowing them to empty completely.
8. Remove the bypass assembly and adaptors (if applicable) from your home plumbing.
Install your New Softener
For instructions on installing your new softener, please see your Owner's Manual, or visit our Installation Guide article.